Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By flyingeeza
My rechargeable FTA-550 lasts very well on a charge too...months in the flight bag, then worked a treat for a couple of hours aloft before showing slight battery level reduction!
Solid piece of kit. :thumright:
By Falcoflyer
We ve used Funks 8:33, excellent value, and I’m told by the avionics installer, straightforward to put in, one in our DR400 and one in our C42. Will be putting in a third one too. Very pleased with them.
By matthew_w100
Falcoflyer wrote:We ve used Funks 8:33, excellent value, and I’m told by the avionics installer, straightforward to put in, one in our DR400 and one in our C42. Will be putting in a third one too. Very pleased with them.

You're the first person I've heard say good things about the Funke! Every other word, from many sources, has been comparing them unfavourably to Trig. Particularly their charges for software updates.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Considering that this was a thread about portable trancievers, and Funke don't make them...

We have a Funke ATR833. Had various issues with it and long waits between updates from the manufacturer. It has worked fine for a few years now, but I'd struggle to recommend them.
By timjenner
cockney steve wrote:Mass- market consumer- goods such as these Airband Transceivers have sufficient volume to make the OE fitment economically viable and likewise the aftermarket "cloners"
[

Serious question - has anyone found a source for an after market (or OEM, for that matter) 550/750 battery at anything less than an extortionate price?
By timjenner
They seem to be in the region of fifty quid, which for a simple 1800mah li-ion battery feels steep. Closer to £25 would feel more realistic to me!