Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By ozplane
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You beat me to it chevvron. Especially as Qinetiq use 2 for the ETPS, so the contractors could have got a handle on what the PC-21 was like to operate in the UK.
By Cardinal Sin
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
chevvron wrote:
Cardinal Sin wrote:I sat in the Prefect at RIAT. Rather impressive on a range of different levels.

But a bit complicated for ab initios; do they still keep a fleet of Tutors for these?
(Thinks :Bloody cheek, stealing the name of my favourite glider) :twisted:

I agree, the cockpit display could be a bit overwhelming. But then an old six-pack plus all the rest, now familiar to most of us, also looks pretty daunting when you first sit in it...

For example https://c8.alamy.com/comp/bbbby2/cockpit-slingsby-firefly-light-aircraft-bbbby2.jpg
By gaznav
PaulSS wrote:@gaznav
I much preferred the JP5 to the Tincan.

I would have thought the Tucano would be much better to prep you for looking at the back of the driver's head :lol:

No, side by side was far better for punching gobby stick monkeys (especially ones that smell of fish)... :thumright:
PaulSS liked this
By chevvron
PaulSS wrote:@gaznav
I much preferred the JP5 to the Tincan.

I would have thought the Tucano would be much better to prep you for looking at the back of the driver's head :lol:

Er doesn't the student sit in front so if they hit anything, he can tell the instructor? :twisted:
kanga, Lockhaven liked this