Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Flying_john wrote:If they made it £10 all the time they may get my business, but not just one day when they want you there to show off at how lovely an aerodrome is with lots of aeroplanes.

Nope still boycotted !

Well, if everyone takes that attitude then they can legitimately say "we tried lowering the landing fee, but we didn't get any more visitors" :?
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
mr spog wrote:It might just be the one day, but let's try and support it, to show how many more aircraft might visit, more regularly if the landing fees were a bit lower.

Apparently the airfield ops has been taken over, and the new crew are going to be holding more of these events, and there may even be a proper reduction in landing fees. They've said they want to start attracting visitors back to Shoreham.
Pilot Pete, kanga, PaulSS and 2 others liked this
By defcribed
Awful Charlie wrote:
Flying_john wrote:If they made it £10 all the time they may get my business, but not just one day when they want you there to show off at how lovely an aerodrome is with lots of aeroplanes.

Nope still boycotted !

Well, if everyone takes that attitude then they can legitimately say "we tried lowering the landing fee, but we didn't get any more visitors" :?

You assume they want more visitors?

With the present landing fees it is absolutely heaving on a sunny weekend. ATC often have to dump arriving aircraft into the overhead and have them buzz around in circles until there is space in the circuit.

If it was a tenner to land they would never cope with the volume of traffic.
defcribed wrote: ATC often have to dump arriving aircraft into the overhead and have them buzz around in circles until there is space in the circuit. .

Well , get rid of ATC then .

Separation in the circuit when flying VFR isn't down to ATC . It's down to the PiC .

I've just checked my log-book and it shows that I haven't been in to SHM for 7yrs . For the same reason that I wouldn't get petrol at my local filling station if they charged £2.00 per litre to fill my car up .

If SHM are genuinely trying to [re]build bridges , then I am happy to give wholehearted support . And I'm sure many others are too .

Let's pray for good wx and give them a chance , shall we ....... :thumright: