Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Bathman
Not the best flying day but so I've been looking of FR24 over in the states. Quite a few C208's show up which I suspect are doing freight runs at night and I assume IFR.

Why don't we have that in europe?
By Flyingfemme
Caravans do a bit of everything in the US; passengers, freight, skydive, survey, float ops. Excellent all round aircraft. They also do a lot around Africa and the far east. The air is different in Europe and it is better to do commercial ops in a clapped out piston twin rather than a single turbine.
Stu B, Iceman, Talkdownman and 1 others liked this
By Mikey
I think it's now legal in Europe, but the uptake seems to have been slow...I had heard of at least one UK cargo operator that was going to get some C208s. They are not cheap aircraft to buy.
By Silvaire
Bathman wrote:Not the best flying day but so I've been looking of FR24 over in the states. Quite a few C208's show up which I suspect are doing freight runs at night and I assume IFR

I can’t answer about European practice, but FedEx contractors have around 250 Caravans which have been a fixture in their fleet since the 1980s. The are IFR feeder freight aircraft that run every day/night on regular routes.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this