Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By peterlondon
I know that golf seems to get some bad press on here but...

It's often been a ambition of mine to combine my love of Flying with my passion for golf.

Until now that's been hampered by not being able to fit another golfer and two sets of golf clubs into any of the aircraft I had access to.

However the opportunity recently arose to buy a share in a Jodel D140 with the stretcher bay behind the rear seats.

So I now have the possibility of flying trips to play golf.

The aircraft is based at White Waltham and I have started to to draw up a list of airfields with 650m+ where it would be possible to fly in and get a short taxi ride to play golf.

My starting list was

Goodwood ( two courses on the estate)
Perranporth
Newquay (Trevose GC)
Branscombe (Axe Cliff Golf Club)
Polzeath/ Roserrow ... Probably no longer viable as road crossing strip has reduced length to 400m but shame as St Enedoc GC very close by
Sandown (Shanklin and Sandown GC)
Lydd (Littlestone GC)
Audley End (Saffron Walden GC)

Any more suggestions gratefully received
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
If you can squeeze into 600m then look at Rosemarket near Haverfordwest - it's only 9 holes but you land on the course itself!

I also seem to remember Glenrothes having a course just off the end of the easterly runway.
Last edited by GrahamB on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Rob P
Woodvale is adjacent Royal Berk-dale

Rob P
By Boxkite
Henstridge (9 holes), 10 mins walk from the airfield gate, but I am sure someone can drive you there (there's another 10 mins walk to the gate).
Camping available on the same golf site (also possible on the airfield).