Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The Farmer is not alone, even SkyDemon is telling me not to rely on SkyDemon. :)
GNSS Area Ops Information
UNTIL 23 AUG 2019; SFC+
GNSS signal jamming trial. GND jammers located within 3NM radius position 520053N 0033831W (Sennybridge, Powys). Activity may affect aircraft within 122NM radius of site. Emergency cease jam contact 01874 635599 or 01980 957597. During trial GNSS REC may suffer intermittent/total failure, or give incorrect position info. Crews should be aware of these limitations and use alternate means of nav. For INFO 01874 635599. 2019-08-0283/AS4
Schedule: 0700-1600
View on Map
By Cub
TheFarmer wrote:My point (which for 15 years and 8 weeks since I’ve been on this forum has remained unchanged) is that it’s too relied upon, and this kind of jamming exercise has the potential to get people in hot water with the likes of people like Cub who, I’ve been told, are quite literally dying to promote infringement prosecutions as and when they can.

Perhaps I shouldn’t take offence or perhaps that is your intention? What possible role do you think I have or why would you refer to people ‘literally dying’ with reference to prosecution in relation to infringements. Clearly, you don’t know me or anything about me or you would appreciate how deeply hurtful your comments are.
Last edited by Cub on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulB, Ben K, AlanC and 4 others liked this
By TheFarmer
No, Cub,

I don’t know you, and I don’t know anything about you, other than you seem to be very cross a lot of the time, and seem to want to scare people about what can happen to them if they don’t row your airspace line.

8)
By Cub
TheFarmer wrote:No, Cub,

I don’t know you, and I don’t know anything about you, other than you seem to be very cross a lot of the time, and seem to want to scare people about what can happen to them if they don’t row your airspace line.

8)

And in your view, that justifies your language? Perhaps you could show me where you feel I have scared people?
PaulB, AlanC liked this
Cub wrote:
TheFarmer wrote:No, Cub,

8)

And in your view, that justifies your language? Perhaps you could show me where you feel I have scared people?

TBH, what you fly immediately earned you "brownie points" with me, and I held/hold you in a place of respect due to you place of employment, which at times leads to good, useful comments on here. However, the heavy handed, almost arrogant, attitude that appeared to come across in the infringement threads, did undo a chunk of your likeability, for me anyway.

If you dropped into our strip one day with a mag drop, I'd still put the kettle on, break out the spanners, talk Cubs and swing your prop once fixed, but I might not say "I'm Sooty off the forum".

Before you respond, you need to know composing that was not easy, it wasn't an "off the cuff" rant, I really did think twice before posting, but @TheFarmer wasn't completely wide of the mark. Sorry.
sorry to drag this back to the original topic
I flew from Turweston to Tatenhill, then on to Blackpool via Liverpool
GPS kept working the whole time
nary a glitch at any point
total of 5 1/4 hours in the air between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm
:)
By PeteSpencer
I don't think the jamming is supposed to last for hours on end:

A coupla months ago an area of Jamming was NOTAMd in E Anglia based on D208/STANTA and lasting a week, in bursts of 2 minutes max at various times of the day.

As our strip was a very few miles from the epicentre and I had quite a lot of flying planned that week , I rang the mobile number on the NOTAM for details on the second jamming day at about 2 pm.

'Nah the testing's finished: they've all gone: No more jamming all week.'

Peter :roll: