Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
By JonnyS
I took this last Saturday over Cirencester. Click for full size.

I've since posted it in a number of non-aviation photography groups and it's good that I'm getting challenged by people who assume its from a drone. It seems the message about operating them illegally (near aircraft, above 400ft etc) is sinking in.
By PeterMa
Very nice … I've been in a similar situation ( with no camera :( ) - but my first thought at the time was 'where the XXXX are the others !!!!' ……….
JonnyS liked this
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JonnyS wrote:Yes I was expecting to see all 9 in echelon, but they were in fact flying in two groups of five (with Red 10).

Many years ago while enroute from Liverpool to Caernarfon we saw 5 + 5 while overhead Bangor, no camera (pre mobile phone days!) but it was nice to hear radio messages mantioning us and 'the Reds' ... sorry I know that orbably sounds a bit sad.
By chevvron
PeterMa wrote:Very nice … I've been in a similar situation ( with no camera :( ) - but my first thought at the time was 'where the XXXX are the others !!!!' ……….

'Seeing only one A10 is like finding a half eaten worm in your apple'.
By Irv Lee
JonnyS wrote:Yes I was expecting to see all 9 in echelon, but they were in fact flying in two groups of five (with Red 10).

My qualifying x/c final leg return was in Jersey Zone, 1500'. About 5 miles from the coast i got a sudden call to warn me they were bringing in 5 Reds 500' directly below me and the other 5 at 500' above, and a mention of solo student sandwich to them. Don't all students get that to celebrate successful qxc any more?
Paul_Sengupta, JoeC liked this
By chevvron
Irv Lee wrote:

My qualifying x/c final leg return was in Jersey Zone, 1500'. About 5 miles from the coast i got a sudden call to warn me they were bringing in 5 Reds 500' directly below me and the other 5 at 500' above, and a mention of solo student sandwich to them. Don't all students get that to celebrate successful qxc any more?

Years ago when they were still at Kemble, they flew throught the Blackbushe ATZ one sunday without calling on RTF and passed under a student on his first solo who was descending on base leg for 26.(Told to me by his instructor next day in the days before Farnborough opened at weekends)
By Irv Lee
@chevvron better not tell today's students that everyone got that treatment their first solo back then. ;-)
(Actually I didn't, as it was at Granville and that stopped them doing it for my 1st solo)
By JoeC
Irv Lee wrote:

Closest I got on my QXC was a wing waggle from a yellow Slingsby out of ( I assumed) Cranwell. :salut: