Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By James Chan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Biannual to biennial
Airplane to aeroplane
Hanger to hangar
License to licence

Airfield to airport
Aerodrome to airport

:D
By Sir Morley Steven
Oh such joyful resistance to change. It’s why we delightfully refer to Wycombe Air Park as Booker, have orgasms over ancient taildraggers and mistrust any aero engine that wasn’t designed by Brunel.
But ftr, we are a flying school, do refresher training and operate aeroplanes from Blackbushe airport, not Hartfordbridge aerodrome.
Mind you if someone wasn’t a biannual check I would be more than happy to take their money twice a year.
kanga, flybymike, Ben K and 2 others liked this
Sir Morley Steven wrote:Mind you if someone wasn’t a biannual check I would be more than happy to take their money twice a year.
aha! wanted
Having said that. I'm flying to Leeds East tomorrow, and I'll speak to Fenton Radio when I get there... (shuda been 'Yorkshire Galactic', if you're going big, go big)
kanga liked this
By GrahamB
‘Gifted’ used to mean ‘of exceptional talent’.

Nowadays people don’t seem to be able to remember that we already have the perfectly serviceable ‘donated’ to describe the charitable giving of something.
JAFO liked this
By ClearOfCloud
JAFO wrote:
ClearOfCloud wrote:
Is it simply a creeping Americanisation of our language and our lives or is there another reason that I have missed?

Oh, the irony of it all :-)

I did consider Americanization to round it off nicely.

Well, you did give them the language and they gave you controlled, powered flight so in the spirit of collaboration I would let the word-choice argument lie; unless you start using in.Hg for pressure settings.