Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Anybody have any experience of Lynx or Micro Avionics intercoms?

I’m looking to fit a microlight intercom in my open cockpit machine and am looking at both Lynx and Micro Avionics systems.

I know the systems are compatible, just looking for the experiences of users out there.
By seanxair
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I've used Microavionics intercom and headsets together and a Microavionics headset in a Lynx intercom. Both worked well.

Ultimately I found the headset uncomfortable and quite heavy due to the batteries being in the earcups
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
lobstaboy wrote:I think Lynx have ceased trading.

I've used both Lynx and MicroAvionics and couldn't really say whether one was better than the other, although I do prefer Lynx headsets- a bit more comfortable.

I understand that another Company in the NW have taken over their business from the administrator but that is a consideration. How long they will continue production / support etc.

They are also significantly more expensive than Micro Avionics. Just wondering if the difference is worth it?
I'm afraid the answer is , now at least, I don't know. I've used Lynx for many years and have found them excellant and the backup service very good indeed.
But, there always a but isn't ther, as has been said they have been taken over and I understand the previous owner is no longer involved. So it could be a whole new ball game?
On the other hand all the folks I know who use Micro Avioncs seem to like them particularly those who wear a helmet. I understand that the inbuilt headsets in those are very good.
I have the Lynx Relai system. Recently, the outer sheathing of the “curly” cable cracked at bit. I sent it to them, they renewed the cable and fitted BNC couplings to the ends as requested, free of charge. It is a great bit of kit.