Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
"No, Sir, but are you sure of the exact facts from that short description in the paragraph?"

No, but I don't have to be. If they write a description of the offence they have a duty to make that description, ahem, descriptive. Maybe the reporter made that bit up, but I wouldn't have posted that given that lots of people have access to the actual MOR which the CAA got the pilot to write up, and probably half of them are here.

Another contribution is here
https://www.euroga.org/forums/hangar-ta ... 608#217608
I have been involved with regulation in a different field and the single most signifcant lesson I received was that a regulator must engage and have faith with those that are regulated otherwise there will be angst.

That is even moe important when you are dealing with any intelligent and cynical population, of which pilots are one.

I recall fervently reading the safety mag that was put out, and it was so patronising that it lost the value it had.

I agree that some of the more flamboyant statements referred above do everyone a great disservice.
@Flyin'Dutch' and @flybymike

Errr, I don’t run the course? I am indeed one of several non-salaried Directors on the Board of Trustees for the Charity GASCo. But anyway, GASCo do not decide who goes on the course, the Infringement Coordination Group (ICG) do - I posted a list of attendees which I copied from CAP1404 which includes various departments from the CAA and some from the Military Aviation Authority (MAA).

I am very humbled for you to believe that I have such power, but I do not and neither does GASCo. All we do is facilitate a mutually agreed training/education package for the benefit of the individuals sent on the course. :thumright:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
flybymike wrote:Can’t wait to “grab the chance to do the course.”

Am sure you can attend if you want, ask Gaznav.

If we can get 10x the number of attendees in a session, can those of us who haven't infringed (after all, we don't need educating so much on a personal basis!) get to have a go for £20 a head? Can we book one between ourselves at a location of our choosing?
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
If we can get 10x the number of attendees in a session, can those of us who haven't infringed (after all, we don't need educating so much on a personal basis!) get to have a go for £20 a head? Can we book one between ourselves at a location of our choosing?

That would a great number for a safety evening! Safety evenings cover anti-infringement advice and other useful advice which may stop you coming to grief.

Pipster
I think that is excellent to hear - but it still doesnt answer the question.

This is an evening course, the GASCo course being dicussed is a full day. Presumably the content is therefore very different.

So the question stands.

I know of at least six pilots who have said they would pay their £200 to attend a course, or be part of an existing course.