Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By FlarePath
Presumably holding a Class II implies you have an EASA PPL. If you PMD you will only be a ble to fly non-EASA on a UK Licence.

To continue to fly EASA on a PMD you will need to get an LAPL (until 8th Apr 20 unless revoked or extended) otherwise you will have to get a ClassII or continue P/uT.

So if no LAPL be careful if you PMD..
By FlarePath
Do you mean this one OSR4 1283

[quote]Requirementfor Holders of Part-FCL Private Pilot Licences and Light Aircraft PilotsLicences tohold a National Pilot Licence or an EASAPart-MED Medical Certificate when Operating EASA Aircraftin the UK1)The Civil Aviation Authority (‘the CAA’),in exercise of its powers under Article 266 of the Air Navigation Order 2016 (‘the Order’),exempts the holders of the licences specified in paragraph 2 from the provisions of Articles136(1)(b)(i) and 162 of the Order,subject to the conditions specified in paragraph 3and subject to the exclusions specified in paragraph 4.2)This exemption appliesto holders of the following Part-FCL licences issued under the Aircrew Regulation(Regulation (EU) 1178/2011), Annex 1, Part-FCL, SubpartsB and C:i)Light Aircraft Pilot’s Licence for aeroplanes, LAPL(A);ii)Light Aircraft Pilot’s Licence for helicopters, LAPL(H);iii)Private Pilot’s Licence for aeroplanes, PPL(A);iv)Private Pilot’s Licence for helicopters, PPL(H).[/quote

Bolded for clarity.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As the ability to fly easa ppl, sep and lapl medical (combination currently banned) will/should become legal before the 7th anniversary of it being banned, (September 17th), there will be a few pilots who have class 2s expiring around now considering a short time on pmd because as soon as fcl changes they will be legal on their EASA medicals which will have downgraded themselves to lapl medicals.
gaznav liked this
By FlarePath
I have always "assumed" (that can some time bite you in the **rse) that when written as "PPL (A) that meant a UK CAAlifetime licence which a lot of PPL's wont have obtained.
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
FlarePath wrote:would a "Safety Pilot" endorsement on a class II med negate flying non-EASA on a UK CAA PPL with PMD solo?

One can only hold one medical at a time, so the endorsed class II would be cancelled (there may be better terminology) by the act of making a PMD.

Whether or not the pilot in question can make a PMD is dependent on being able to honestly answer the questions in light of the reason for the original endorsement. If so, then no reason not to solo.
By Irv Lee
Well I haven't read the actual conditions you are presented with for applying for a pmd or (read recently) the caa exemption that brought it in for non-easa aircraft in the 2016, but as far as i am aware, people who cannot get ANY sort of class 2 are flying on pmd... can others here who have applied confirm?
@Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 pmd is not a medical certificate, it doesn't cancel anything
G-BLEW liked this
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
Irv Lee wrote:@Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28[/usermention] pmd is not a medical certificate, it doesn't cancel anything

Which is why I was careful to say "making a PMD" rather than anything being issued.

I thought I read here on the forum that the CAA 'system' does not allow the holding of a medical and a PMD simultaneously?