Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Pete L wrote:On our trip to Venice I downloaded the lot to two phones and was prepared to argue the toss.

With an Italian funzionario? It would be fun to watch that. :)
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Has anybody even seen “interception procedures”? I haven’t and have been flying for about 40 years now.
By Dave W
The usual source was CAA Safety Sense Leaflet 11, so I went to find that in order to link to it.

Turns out it was withdrawn 2 weeks ago as out of date!

Way to go, somebody. :?

Edit: The next easiest source is probably page 140 etc of The Skyway Code v2.
By Pete L
patowalker wrote:
Pete L wrote:On our trip to Venice I downloaded the lot to two phones and was prepared to argue the toss.

With an Italian funzionario? It would be fun to watch that. :)

When he pulls on his fashionable rubber gloves I shall start to worry.

I was being a bit flippant. I carried all the single sheet of paper documents in their normal form. It was the heavy stuff I kept in electronic form - PoH, EASA Flight Conditions, etc.
patowalker liked this
By Human Factor
muffin wrote:Has anybody even seen “interception procedures”? I haven’t and have been flying for about 40 years now.

Got them somewhere. In short, let him get close and turn into him. :twisted:
By BehyBill
Human Factor wrote:
muffin wrote:Has anybody even seen “interception procedures”? I haven’t and have been flying for about 40 years now.

Got them somewhere. In short, let him get close and turn into him. :twisted:

Just don't raise your hands otherwise you are not flying the aircraft :D
By Europaul383
Dave W wrote:The usual source was CAA Safety Sense Leaflet 11, so I went to find that in order to link to it.

Turns out it was withdrawn 2 weeks ago as out of date!

Way to go, somebody. :?

Edit: The next easiest source is probably page 140 etc of The Skyway Code v2.

AIP ENR 1.12

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/in ... id=11.html

That link may well expire after a finite time (although it's not formed with the magic of pamslight, you never can tell with NATS AIS)...

HTH

P
By Europaul383
Dave W wrote:Well, no need - what EASA are evidently saying (because there's nothing else they could be saying!) is that when they are happy for you to carry copies, those copies can be electronic (if... assured...etc).

If you must carry the originals then obviously they mean the physical document, since there is nothing else.

Interestingly Dave, not quite... 2 things actually:

Speaking to Registrations, they confirmed the CofR original is, in fact, the email PDF they send (this arose after I asked if they could please print the originals on paper with a colour CAA logo, due the risk of SAFA ramp inspectors thinking our jets were carrying b&w copies). The reason being they often email new CsofR to a/c about to ferry from abroad who can't wait for the post. (I did ask if they could afford a colour printer, but didn't get an answer :roll: )

Second, being EFB approved (a whole saga of its own "... assured..." etc) our FOI maintained that our CsofR and CsofA (with valid ARC, natch) are originals... just in electronic form, as allowed by regulation (well, GM) and approved by the [cough] competent authority... and, of course, if one FOI says so, due to the level playing field, all other FOIs, all authorities and SAFA ramp inspectors will agree... won't they?

Apologies for the length of this post, I didn't have time to draft a shorter one.

HTH

P
Dave W liked this