Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Please sir! I know.....
He hadn't amended his logged hours, advised to the insurance.....when he re-jigged his submission, his quote "only" went up 50%. His action was prompted by another poster who had made the same error.

I couldn't see any reason for it to be donked, as there wasn't anything I would construe as advertising, offensive or controversial. :?
By hatzflyer
hatzflyer wrote:WTF did it go then ?

Anyway all sorted now. Visicover can get stuffed I would like to see one of their underwriters cope with an a total engine failure at 140 ft on finals at Nayland and walk away .
The AAIB were very complimentary on my skills not to panic, not to turn away and stall/spin.

Now I am getting emails banging on about premium loading on my renewal on a totally separate policy as a result off that crash that happened on the second policy .

I have had a quote with full details of the accident and the have renewed my policy for far less than visicover

Sorted..Traffords ..£620
Last edited by hatzflyer on Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PeteSpencer, Bobcro liked this
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:What happens to me from time to time is that someone else has posted while I was writing and I don't notice the 'someone else has posted since you read the thread' and so my post doesn't get posted as I don't hit submit for the second time.

Yep, been there and done that....as they say!!
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Lockhaven
hatzflyer wrote: Anyway all sorted now. Visicover can get stuffed I would like to see one of their underwriters cope with an a total engine failure at 140 ft on finals at Nayland and walk away .
The AAIB were very complimentary on my skills not to panic, not to turn away and stall/spin.

Now I am getting emails banging on about premium loading on my renewal on a totally separate policy as a result off that crash that happened on the second policy .

I have had a quote with full details of the accident and the have renewed my policy for far less than visicover

Sorted..Traffords ..£620

Publicly burning your bridges is not the cleverest idea. :lol:
townleyc, TheFarmer liked this
By Bob Upanddown
(Trying not to burn my bridges.)

I have just renewed my insurance. I always check with another broker every renewal to check I am not being over charged but this year the competitive quote was twice as much as one of usual suspects on this thread.

Frankly, I think we should stick with the good guys mentioned here who take the time to post on the forum because it would be a very expensive market otherwise.
By PeterMa
The market is ( from my prespective ) very inconsistent . For the last few years the insurance market has moved away from the traditional 'underwriting' based on risk etc and moved towards ' how LOW as an insurer can we get away with to keep the book keepers happy' . The second approach is now faltering as underwriters realise they are loosing money …
All this give some really odd and seemingly 'unfair' premiums as things change over the course of peoples renewal dates across a year …..
By Rob P
I looked at our renewal quote today

With a £6,000 increase in hull value - the eternal dilemma of "How much would it cost to replace a smart RV-6?" - the premium has rocketed skyward by £6.01.

We may haggle with Bob Bevan about that stray penny.

Rob P
kanga liked this
By Rob P
Here's an oddity

The quote above was before my aircraft partner updated his hours.

Once he did, the cost leapt up to over eleven pounds more than last year.

Is this a judgement he didn't fly enough? (I think he did thirty or forty hours or so on the aircraft and twenty minutes PUT in a Spitfire)

Rob P