A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Inspired by the discussion about the wee beastie I finally got round to firing it up. Sadly the screen is unreadable as pretty well every other vertical line of pixels is missing, so it will be going to the great recycling skip in sky.

However I still have the original box, manual , little antenna, the dash mount, a cigarette lighter power cable and the serial cable. If any of this of use to anyone it can be yours for the price of the postage.
By MikeW
I haven't tried this with a Pilot III but experience with marine chartplotters is that you can often resolve this sort of display defect by opening it up and reseating the display connector. If you're lucky it will be a ribbon connector but more likely just a surface contact block that you may be able to jiggle slightly and press. Not usually a good idea to separate it.
It's a handy little unit in HSI display mode.
I'm still looking for a suitable USB to 9 pin COM to update the clock post rollover in mine although it seems to work OK regardless.
By johnm
Mine has now gone to its new home :D