Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By piperdriver
Lefty wrote:Unfortunately, and as usual when these very sad event occur, we see people pop up on this forum fishing for information on the event, or those who may have been involved.

When we see people who have made less that 10 or so posts in 10 + years of registration asking for very sensitive information, we are (rightly IMHO) suspicious of that poster’s intentions.

Those who were genuinely close to those involved in this awful incident, will have already been told the names of their friends who lost their lives.

The rest of us need to respect that we may have lost some close friends - and just wait until their nearest and dearest chose to release their names. I hope that no-one publishes any names until their families have done so.
Thank you.

As the person that you are obviously referring to I appreciate your comment and your reasons behind it and respect that fully.. However just because someone has not posted very much does not mean they are dishonest or intend to use the information in any kind of improper way. I often come onto here but don’t generally post simply because I suffer from anxiety (which grounded me) and don’t often feel confident enough to post. I am the same with most social media.

I used to work with and became friendly with a guy that went to work for the company involved and because he moved to take the job, he moved and no longer came to my club and we lost touch. I am not in his ‘inner circle’ enough to find out from his family hence me asking.

As I said though, I fully respect you not saying anything.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
piperdriver wrote:
Lefty wrote:Unfortunately, and as usual when these very sad event occur, we see people pop up on this forum fishing for information on the event, or those who may have been involved.

When we see people who have made less that 10 or so posts in 10 + years of registration asking for very sensitive information, we are (rightly IMHO) suspicious of that poster’s intentions.

Those who were genuinely close to those involved in this awful incident, will have already been told the names of their friends who lost their lives.

The rest of us need to respect that we may have lost some close friends - and just wait until their nearest and dearest chose to release their names. I hope that no-one publishes any names until their families have done so.
Thank you.

As the person that you are obviously referring to I appreciate your comment and your reasons behind it and respect that fully.. However just because someone has not posted very much does not mean they are dishonest or intend to use the information in any kind of improper way. I often come onto here but don’t generally post simply because I suffer from anxiety (which grounded me) and don’t often feel confident enough to post. I am the same with most social media.

I used to work with and became friendly with a guy that went to work for the company involved and because he moved to take the job, he moved and no longer came to my club and we lost touch. I am not in his ‘inner circle’ enough to find out from his family hence me asking.

As I said though, I fully respect you not saying anything.

I am very sorry to hear about your troubles - and I hope that you are well on the road to recovery. I also hope that my post did not come across as accusatory. We all know that journalists do frequent these forums and use it as a source for sensationalist journalism. My intent was to deter anyone with less than honourable motives - and to request those who have been given privileged info - to treat it as such - and not post names or details on the forum.

In your situation, I would suggest that you make direct contact with the people you used to work with - and once they know who you are, they might well inform you (assuming they know). Sorry, but that is the best I can suggest at the moment.
By CaptChaos
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Events such as these are always tragic, with even more pain when it involves people you know. When they are as skilled and professional as in this case, it is incomprehensible. Andy R’s sentiments endorsed.
Last edited by CaptChaos on Fri May 17, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SteveC
Eileen has formerly announced and therefore it is now appropriate to share the loss of her husband and our forumite Dave Phillips in the accident. Dave was a good friend and an utter gentleman. His loss is felt by everyone who knew him and he will be sorely missed. I am not at liberty to name the other crew members so please don't ask.
By Pilot Pete
I never got the chance to formally meet Dave, but I'm sure we have crossed paths.
However if I ever saw him Post on a forum, I would certainly sit up straight, strap in and pay attention.
He was so knowledgeable and to the point. I always enjoyed his contributions.
I feel a loss. but nothing compared to his family, friends and colleagues. so sorry for you all.
RIP Dave.