Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Boxkite wrote:But good enough for the passenger/copilot eh? :thumright:

:lol:

My justification was that any flight I might be in the water for a very long time for, I'll be solo (Pacific) and if there's another on board we also have much better chance of getting the raft out, so less chance we'd be floating around a long time in jackets!
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Katamarino wrote:

My justification was that any flight I might be in the water for a very long time for, I'll be solo (Pacific) and if there's another on board we also have much better chance of getting the raft out, so less chance we'd be floating around a long time in jackets!

Will you be wearing the immersion suits on the Pacific leg?
Lefty wrote:
Katamarino wrote:

Will you be wearing the immersion suits on the Pacific leg?

Not planning to, based on accounts of ditchings by ferry pilots on that route. I think the cons outweight the pros of having the suit for those legs.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Katamarino wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Katamarino wrote:

Not planning to, based on accounts of ditchings by ferry pilots on that route. I think the cons outweight the pros of having the suit for those legs.

Not flown any long sectors in that region, but I would have guessed that if you might spend many hours in the water, then a suite would offer quite a lot of added protection, particularly if for some reason you don’t make into a dinghy.