Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Continuing Ghengis' theme..
(Edit - It was in fact gfry that started the original thread.)

I am in the market for an emergency parachute. Given my size 6ft 2 and (relatively) small room in the RV8 I'm keen to try various configurations to see what provides the best fit / comfort before shelling out the best part of £2.5k.

Ideally, I'd find a supplier based at an airfield who would be willing to let me bring the aircraft along and assist in trying various options prior to purchasing to see what fits.

I'm leaning towards a Softie/Strong given that they seem to be very well known/tested.

So far I have contacted..

Transair
    AFE
    Essex Aviation (As advertised on British Aerobatics for sale and wanted)
    Aerobatic Displays (Also advertised on British Aerobatics for sale and wanted)

None of whom have replied to their supplied email addresses/contact forms.

Are any forumites able to point me towards a suitable softie/strong distributor who can assist me?
Last edited by chipmeisterc on Tue May 14, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
So far I have contacted..

Transair
AFE
Essex Aviation (As advertised on British Aerobatics for sale and wanted)
Aerobatic Displays (Also advertised on British Aerobatics for sale and wanted)

None of whom have replied to their supplied email addresses/contact forms.

More ammunition for the recent thread on indifferent product and service suppliers :roll:
Caution...

Twenty years ago, I bought a wedge from Paraphenalia and had it delivered to Oshkosh where it was fitted when I collected it and I was instructed how to care for it and use it.

I loved it - it was very comfortable. I've had it repacked every couple of years and it has never been as comfy as when it was factory packed.