For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Charliesixtysix
It is time to change my farm vehicle and let the trusty Terrano retire gracefully after 14 years of stirling service.

Times move on and my requirements (and desire for comfortable motoring) have evolved to me no longer needing a purely utilitarian vehicle but still wishing to retain the ability to occasionally drag a couple of tonnes of seed out to the field if necessary.

I like the Jaguar F Pace and it seems to fit the bill ( and my long kegs) nicely - choice is likely to be R Sport with either a 250PS 2lt Diesel or or the similar power 2lt Petrol engine.

Anyone have experience or either ( or both) to share?
Last edited by Charliesixtysix on Mon May 13, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Get a Subaru, 2000 Swiss hill farmers can't be wrong. Those weird Porsche, Bentley and Jaguar Chelsea tractors are just wrong :roll:
cockney steve liked this
By TheFarmer
Get a Subaru

The only people I know who drive Subarus are from the Valleys who illegally come to my farm at weekends and end up getting arrested for chasing hares with their skinny dogs.

C66, have you considered the last of the Disco4’s? Great cars, and lots for your money now the over-priced and urbanised D5 is out.
By Bill Haddow
Charliesixtysix wrote: still wishing to retain the ability to occasionally drag a couple of tonnes of seed out to the field if necessary.

Two tonnes + the trailer weight is surely pushing that wagon's towing ability a bit ( OK [PEDANT] pulling the towing ability [/PEDANT] but YSWIM )

Bill H
By carlmeek
I had the F pace S for two years, mainly the wife’s car but we used it as a family at weekends.

Lovely to drive, the only fault is the clunky software, it’s the same as on all Land Rovers.

Overall, a great car.
Charliesixtysix liked this
By Rob P
Grace. Space. Pace.

Well only scoring one out of three is rather letting the 1960s Jaguar strapline down. :evil:

Rob P
johnm, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By johnm
The only people I know who drive Subarus are from the Valleys who illegally come to my farm at weekends and end up getting arrested for chasing hares with their skinny dogs.

I think they may driving the Subaru **** rather than the Subaru Outback :-)
Rob P liked this