Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Hi All

I'm about to share the Breezer and I'm not confident handling the aircraft from the r/h seat. Any local FI/CRI of reasonably slim build fancy an hour or so learning the a/c and checking my soon to be co-owner out on it?

I know it's technically unnecessary - same class of a/c and all that - but he'd be happier.
Whoever it is, if at all possible, he/ she should be experienced and current on LSA types. Their handling and characteristics are very different to the average flying club a/c. Is your new partner also new to LSA aircraft? If so, it reinforces the need for the instructor to have that experience.

I teach on pretty much every type of CofA (and some Permit types), but I wouldn’t put myself forward as an instructor on LSA. (I’d like to have a go, but I probably wouldn’t meet the weight limit either)
Lefty wrote:Whoever it is, if at all possible, he/ she should be experienced and current on LSA types. Their handling and characteristics are very different to the average flying club a/c. Is your new partner also new to LSA aircraft? If so, it reinforces the need for the instructor to have that experience.

I teach on pretty much every type of CofA (and some Permit types), but I wouldn’t put myself forward a
s an instructor on LSA. (I’d like to have a go, but I probably wouldn’t meet the weight limit either)

Thanks

The chap is current on the Tecnam 2002 which is not dissimilar - a bit higher inertia and slightly more sprightly. But I do understand - one of the Halton instructors was reticent for the same reason.