For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I've been trying to get out on the bike recently (medical in a month!) and am finding Strava quite motivating. I was wondering if there was any appetite to set up a Flyer Strava "Club" (with G-BLEW's permission of course!)

So far I'm just pottering about the local area (North East Hampshire) doing rides of between 10 and 25 miles, generally on weekdays. I'm trying to extend my distance a bit with a vague idea of doing the London to Brighton next year (can't do this year as I'm working).

Anyone interested?
By PaulB
I’ve never really considered Strava as it’s always seemed to emphasise the competitive elements of cycling rather than the social ones.

I could be wrong though.
By malcolmfrost
The competitive side has dropped off (at my level anyway!) as all the segments have been KOMed :(
It’s useful for social reasons and for finding routes. Route planning is good as it can use popularity so goo dish cycling roads.
Jonathan, I do quite a bit around Alton, Odiham, Lasham, it’s really nice riding around there. Have a coffee at the departure lounge cafe, I’ve flown that 1-11 :D
I’ll join!
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Malcolm - sounds good! I’m in Liphook and was planning on heading in that direction on Monday or Tuesday. Possibly as far as Teagether in Lychpit or maybe just Odiham.
By PaulB
I’m in Brum - I’ll leave you guys to it! :-)
By malcolmfrost
JonathanB wrote:Malcolm - sounds good! I’m in Liphook and was planning on heading in that direction on Monday or Tuesday. Possibly as far as Teagether in Lychpit or maybe just Odiham.

Popham and back is a good one if you can manage Old Basing! :D
I’m in Hindhead BTW.
JonathanB liked this
By Rob P
I tried Strava a couple of times but since my cycling involves setting off on the ATB into the forest and exploring, stopping frequently for flora and fauna (only just avoided running over a sunbathing grass snake last year) the statistics that Strava generates make me look like a pedalling wimp.

Congrats to Ian too on his amazing weekend circumnavigation of London :thumleft:

Rob P