Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Shaun Favell
Dear All

I recently completed an online declaration of medical fitness for my PPL(A). My last medical was a class 2 that has now expired. I'm still medically fit.

I was emailed an automated receipt of my declaration which included an application submission number.

I was expecting some kind of certificate to be emailed, but nothing came.

Do they send something, or is receipt of the declaration enough?

Thanks ... Shaun
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
FlarePath wrote:Be aware that your word "recently" may mean you cant fly EASA unless the declaration was made at least 18 months ago?

Please explain the relevance?
By FlarePath
The relevance is you can not self declare today and fly EASA acrft.

ORS4 #1283 explains that you must have made the delaration previously to the extentions.

3)This exemption is subject to the following conditions:i)Thelicences specified in paragraph 2must have been issuedby the CAAand remain valid at the time of flight;ii) Licence holders must have previously made a medical declaration in accordance with Article 163(3) of the Order which remains valid and has not been withdrawn;

Hopefully that as evidence of any "incidents" with PMD's is being monitored for the CAA & EASA and is used for the "roadmap" for future flying with PMD's.
By FlarePath
We've talked about this before, it doesn't mean you had to have declared before a certain date.

I say go for it then :thumleft:

ps: why are people still having expensive medicals if you now can fly pmd until next April?
By PaulB
FlarePath wrote:
why are people still having expensive medicals if you now can fly pmd until next April?

Because they want to fly outside the UK or have an IR/IR(R) or are a student, or have a CPL or perhaps fly something big and beef.

Me? I’m on a PMD for the time being.
By FlarePath
I didn't feel the need to expand on the limitations that I am well aware of, it was to try and get the point of the need for the pmd to have been made prior to the first extention to Artice 163(3).

But If people want to self declare today and fly EASA acrft all round the UK FIR I still say go for it then.
By Paul_Sengupta
FlarePath wrote:it was to try and get the point of the need for the pmd to have been made prior to the first extention to Artice 163(3).

Which isn't the case, so it's all very well saying it, but expect someone to correct you! :-)

FlarePath wrote:But If people want to self declare today and fly EASA acrft all round the UK FIR I still say go for it then.

:thumright:

FlarePath wrote:ps: why are people still having expensive medicals if you now can fly pmd until next April?

I was on a declaration until I was due to go on a flying holiday to the US, so I needed a Class 2. So I still have the Class 2 at the moment.
By townleyc
PaulB wrote:
Because they want to fly outside the UK or have an IR/IR(R) or are a student, or have a CPL or perhaps fly something big and beef.

Me? I’m on a PMD for the time being.

I tried that, but she flew like a cow... :shock:

OK, hat, coat etc

KE
By Earl Grey
FlarePath wrote: ps: why are people still having expensive medicals if you now can fly pmd until next April?

Because I'm getting old and I treat it like a personal MOT...and it helps me to keep fit(ish) and not get too fat! :D

EG