Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Having just gone through the hassle and expense of having forty litres of Avgas sucked out of the Jaguar to save the catalytic converter, I have to wonder what they are doing with the fuel they steal - or is it only thefts from Mogas aircraft?

Rob P
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:I have to wonder what they are doing with the fuel they steal - or is it only thefts from Mogas aircraft?

Definitely AVGAS. There are very few aircraft that run on MOGAS at the Bushe.

My TB20's caps were off, but due to the dihedral on the wing and the low fuel state on return from Scotland, I don't think that any fuel would have been taken from the TB because they wouldn't have been able to see any. Other aircraft faired less well.

Iceman 8)
Avgas is the fuel of choice for many in the racing fraternity, gocarts/ motorcycle, outboard engines and many more besides, there are still plenty of engines that don’t have a CAT out there, And don’t forget Avgas has a much longer storage life that ethanol laced MOGAS so can be used for many months to come,
defcribed wrote:Surely key-locking fuel caps would be a trivial concept?

Bet they're a hell of a paperwork exercise and thus cost an arm and a leg....

We had some on our TB10 and I think they were designed to keep everyone out - even if you had a key!!
defcribed, T67M liked this