For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Colonel Panic
But is not HP very different from a PCP?; I'd like to have the ability to offset some risk with residual values, so don't want to be buying the car during the finance period.
By malcolmfrost
stevelup wrote:Well there is sort of a cheaper model at £38k - not quite the $35k (£32.5k taking into account exchange rate and VAT), but not as far out as it might have been.

It certainly makes every other EV look -very- expensive and poor value now.

There is also Import duty at 10%.
The £38k UK model is actually the Standard Range Plus (258 miles), the $35k was Standard Range (220 miles).
Taking all that into account it's pretty close to a fair conversion.
Colonel Panic liked this
By PaulB
malcolmfrost wrote:There is also Import duty at 10%.

So 38 is actually 42?
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Err, no. The price you see is the price you pay.

Companies selling to individuals have to advertise the actual price and cannot quote without VAT/Import Duties etc.
By PaulB
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Err, no. The price you see is the price you pay.

Companies selling to individuals have to advertise the actual price and cannot quote without VAT/Import Duties etc.

Good... so the import duty comment was related to the difference between the USD & GBP prices.....

It's almost tempting! :shock:
By malcolmfrost
Well, I've bitten the bullet, Midnight Silver, Sport wheels, full autopilot and a 5000 mile supercharger referral. Delivery June!!
Last edited by malcolmfrost on Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeB liked this
By malcolmfrost
RWD, AWD too much for me!
All I need now is someone with a spare empty runway after hours. Nice as it is I don't think Popham's will be very good for it :D
By malcolmfrost
KingJames wrote:Mischief alert, looks like we have your order number. Sure you want that colour?

You would still have to log in (I hope!)
By PaulB
Nice......

Do they install a charger at home and can you use non-Tesla charging stations if needs be? (How much is juice at Tesla stations?)
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
malcolmfrost wrote:RWD, AWD too much for me!
All I need now is someone with a spare empty runway after hours. Nice as it is I don't think Popham's will be very good for it :D

Kemble has been known to host formula 1 cars..... :twisted: