The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
By VRB_20kt
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm just taking the o-200 out of a Super Emeraude. I've removed the carb, but just above its mounting point is a thin pipe that ends up somewhere behind the firewall. Emeraudes don't have a primer - the accelerator pump does the trick, squirting neat fuel into the inlet manifold. Anyone got a clue what the pipe may be for? https://www.dropbox.com/s/f47u63qfixkaaj1/Carb.png?dl=0 (Sorry - I can't get the image to show inline,)
By VRB_20kt
Could be designed for that, but no gauge for MP. I think I'm just going to have to delve - though the point behind the firewall is not particularly easy to access
By VRB_20kt
Thanks John. I think I'll have to trace it through. There definitely isn't a primer on this Em so my guess is that I'll find it blanked off. Time will tell.
By Rob L
It certainly looks like the primer pipe into the intake spider, but it should NOT be rubber. It should be copper. Get a better Inspector.
By VRB_20kt
Thanks Rob. TBH there are bits of rubber pipe in various unexpected places around the engine. I hope to get the panel off shortly so I'll see what's on the other end.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk