For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By eltonioni
lobstaboy wrote:Enough of me rambling. It's worth reading Daniel Dennett on this stuff.

Of my own free will? :)
By PaulB
eltonioni wrote:
lobstaboy wrote:Enough of me rambling. It's worth reading Daniel Dennett on this stuff.

Next year, maybe..... ;-)
By lobstaboy
eltonioni wrote:

Whether you do or don't, it's your free choice.

But it isn't of course - your decision is pre-determined by your circumstances, your environment and your past. You may think you have free will, but do you really?
JAFO liked this
By eltonioni
lobstaboy wrote:You may think you have free will, but do you really?

Which question do you want me to answer? :lol:
By lobstaboy
eltonioni wrote:

It was rhetoric. It doesn't need an answer.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
lobstaboy wrote: Somehow because humans have a sensation of consciousness and we assume that animals don't, then we believe that they are not the same as us and we can do what we like with them. It's not an argument that I accept.

Erum, who said that?

You've clearly not been to 'diversity' class as yet!

:D

It is my view that we have a very great responsibility to look after those and what is entrusted into our care and because we as a species are a powerful top dog that is something we should live up a lot more than we currently do.

An example of someone who is no doubt well meaning but missing the boat completely I provide the following link.

https://www.boredpanda.com/fennec-fox-v ... gn=organic
By eltonioni
lobstaboy wrote:
eltonioni wrote:

It was rhetoric. It doesn't need an answer.

Woooshhhh :lol: