The place for technical discussions about GA and flying.
Forum rules: Technical discussions about GA only, please.
Take-off performance is one of the most crucial aspects of planning a flight. We have a legal obligation as pilots to check that the aeroplane will have adequate performance for the proposed flight. Here’s a video sharing that importance. This video is a learning curve for myself and why I’ll do take-off performance in the aircraft prior to departure than at home.

I am not a flight instructor, so please consult your relevant manuals, guidance materials and your instructor/flight examiner. This video is purely my experiences and me sharing with you in the hope I could do much better. But how many of us honestly do take-off performance?

I’ve now got a website sharing all my videos and giving some write ups in higher detail. This was through many requests to give some context to a video and that some pilots like to read my experiences rather than just watch the video.

I’ve included links to the sources of information I use.

Post link: https://www.theflyingvlog.uk/the-import ... rformance/
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Start by doing your performance at MTOW on wet grass and zero wind at 30c, if you are ok with that then you don’t often need to work it for your flight but you MUST check there is nothing outside the parameters you have set such as a slope or a tailwind, if that does not work then you need to find parameters that DO work then calculate it fresh for anything outside of that, for example you may find that you are OK at MTOW on dry grass and calculate when wet, or you could find it is OK for two heavy people and half fuel and then calculate when you are carrying more.