Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Weatherman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hello!

Easter is here and I hope you can spend those well earned brownie points this weekend! I've added the forecast for Easter Monday below so you can get a feel for the whole of the holiday weekend.

Now, if you'd like to learn more about the weather and how you can maximise weather windows for your flying, come along to Aviation Weather School (Part 1). My next course with a place available is on Saturday 7th September 2019. I have one place remaining (sorry, all the other courses are full). Places do go quickly, so if you'd like to find out more and book your place, do so now at http://www.WeatherSchool.co.uk or you can call me to book on 01902 895252.

Weatherweb Premium also has lots of weather wisdom and is continuing to grow with more pilots joining every week. There's stack of weather information, forecasts and learning to be found on the website and you can try Weatherweb Premium completely free at
http://premium.weatherweb.net/become-a-member/

And don't forget you can also receive these forecasts by email, just send a blank email to
aviationweather-subscribe@weatherweb.net

Have a great weekend,
Simon

WEEKEND WEATHER FORECAST
==========================

Issued: 1200 hrs, Friday 19th April 2019

SATURDAY
---------------
Weakening front slips south through Scotland and Northern Ireland bringing increased cloud and some patchy rain to these areas too.
High pressure to the east is going to be bringing another fair day to most parts of the UK and Ireland. There will be decent spells of sunshine, but there will again be a haze after morning mist and fog patches have lifted.
Little change in the afternoon with the fair conditions continuing for most, although lower cloud and patchy rain will be in western Scotland and the north and west coasts of Ireland, reducing visibility here.
Winds E-NE 12-16kt (F4) across central and southern areas with sea breezes in the afternoon, variable 8-12kt (F3-F4) in Ireland and Scotland, again with sea breezes in sunnier parts of the east.

EASTER SUNDAY
------------
Lower pressure drifts to be to the west of Scotland on Sunday. The cold front that is associated with it brings rain to western Scotland and western Ireland, some of it heavy.
Elsewhere the high pressure retains its hold and brings a fair day with sunny spells after morning mist and fog patches clear. It should be dry. Sea breezes around coasts.
Winds SW 12-17kt (F4) in the north and west, perhaps 20kt (F5) on western coasts of iIeland and Scotland,NE 10-14kt (F3-F4) in the south, although variable 15kt (F4-F5) in sea breezes.

HOLIDAY MONDAY
--------------------------
A subtle change taking place on Monday. With pressure falling the atmosphere is going to become more unstable, this in turn increasing the risk of some showers.
Overall it is a fair start to the day. It should be stying fair throughout in central and eastern areas. However, showers may trigger along southern and western coasts and hills, a few of these heavy in the afternoon.
Some low cloud and fog may affect the coasts of southern Ireland.
Winds SE 12-18kt (F4-F5) for most.

**ends**