Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

long one sorry
licence currently with CAA.
Passed my NPPL (M) 2016
Passed my SSEA August 2018
Passed my EASA-PPl Jan 2019
took exams in NPPL (M) and 2 more to get SSEA rating.
Now what exams if any am I required to take to get my EASA-PPL
I thought and the training school thought that I was ok to add from SSEA (virtual LAPL) to EASA-PPL I even took and passsed the GST after2 hours!!!
I have well over 120 hours solo in microlights so can I claim any credits.
I have been told by CAA I have to do the full course, and redo my test!!!! if only I had as much money as the CAA....
advice more than trolling would be great
thanks
Sadly I agree with Balliol

In fact I currently know if one guy who is burning holes through the sky wasting his time and money doing a LAPL.

Another guy tried to get the CAA to issue him a UK (none EASA) PPL via a NPPL/LAPL to PPL upgrade course. But the CAA said it's against their policy to issue initial UK PPL's.

In the end he actually went to the states and got an FAA CPL as they were happy to recognise is 3 axis microlight time (but then the UK would if it had a fuel pump)

Fortunately you can be rest assured that EASA and the CAA move at lightning speeds to ammended such errors in the regulation.
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bathman wrote:Another guy tried to get the CAA to issue him a UK (none EASA) PPL via a NPPL/LAPL to PPL upgrade course. But the CAA said it's against their policy to issue initial UK PPL's.

That is what I believed to be the case, but others on here have previously argued that it is indeed possible to obtain initial issue CAA ICAO PPLs
Yes I rented a c172 on the back of my ssea.
We reckon I have about 25 hours training or there abous, waiting on caa to provide best course of action. FI at school has sent them my hours and asked them. Not I expect them to come back with 25hours plus 10 to make up the full course of 45 hours!! Dunno where the extra 10hours come from mind you!!! I have done the test and passed and they are saying I need to do it again!!!!