Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By ivor.phillips
Thanks to iron chicken and Mike W for their suggestions, on further research it would appear that Tygon do a clear tubing that is 10% ethanol proof, (Tygon LP1500) Tygothane,
Unfortunately looks to be only available in the US unless I buy 50 ft for £123 from UK
Luckily I’m off to Sun N Fun next week so hoping to get some to bring back,
By MikeW
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
LP1500 and Tygothane seem to be different, the former being multi layer, the latter polyurethane.
There are many sources of polyurethane tube on eBay, often pneumatic equipment suppliers.
The stuff I got has only been in use 4 months so can't comment on longevity yet. It is marked as polyurethane with some standards numbers.
By Miscellaneous
Heard an interesting point today.

Whilst many of us worry about the damage ethanol does, or may do, we overlook the corrosive damage the water introduced by the ethanol does. So even in systems in which ethanol itself is not harmful, harm could still result from ethanol containing fuels.
Nick liked this
By ivor.phillips
MikeW wrote:LP1500 and Tygothane seem to be different, the former being multi layer, the latter polyurethane.
There are many sources of polyurethane tube on eBay, often pneumatic equipment suppliers.
The stuff I got has only been in use 4 months so can't comment on longevity yet. It is marked as polyurethane with some standards numbers.

Mike I appreciate getting stuff from eBay but there so much counterfeit stuff on sale and I don’t wish to chance a bad fuel leak for the want of sourcing genuine hose,
The link to United States plastic corp gives you some idea of the many choices of hose that may solve the problem,

https://www.wcvirtualversion.com/public ... 805&p=127#{"page":126,"issue_id":551805}
By MikeW
Yes you have to be careful with ebay.
Difficult to choose from that vast collection in your catalogue!
I chanced on the LAA document I was thinking of while looking for something else. It was a mandatory permit directive some years ago requiring the removal of all PVC fuel tubing (which includes some Tygon). Black rubber reinforced hose to a choice of vehicle standards was recommended for most things, polyurethane for sight tubes while bearing fire risk in mind. It may have preceded alcoholic mogas but my understanding is that polyurethane is alcohol resistant anyway.
My problem is that my wing tanks aren't :-(
Luckily we have a local alcohol free supplier.

What you have prompted me to do is put a spare bit in a jar of alcoholic mogas and see what happens. Thank you.
ivor.phillips liked this
By avtur3
I don't know if this has been referenced back in the life of this thread, this is a comment to add to conversations about ethanol free fuel.

I'm quite active in the classic car world, since moving 'darn sarf' I've become aware of the huge amount of classic car activity in the Sussex area, it's brilliant and I've even got a part time job working with these beauties a couple of days a week, specifically interiors and sunrooves, it's a blast!

The first club I've joined since moving is 'Southern Classics' in the club's monthly magazine there is a list of local service stations supplying ethanol-free fuel, which is of great interest to many classic car owners. The operator of the service stations is "local-fuels.co.uk", they appear to have 10 locations around Sussex.

Just thought I'd post this in case it is of interest to anyone.