For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
That's the chappie

Here's one of the alternatives (what were they thinking?)

Rob P
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:It's funny how unwilling the manufacturers are to ditch radiator grilles now they are no longer needed...
Rob P

Don't you need some cooling for the battery packs?
By Rob P
Yes, the battery packs are generally under the floor and would like some cooling please. On lower powered models this can be simple air cooling Lycoming-style or forced air. As you move up in performance various kinds of heat exchangers are involved, but as on any mid-engined ICE, slapping a vertical radiator in the extreme nose of the car is not only not necessary, but probably less desirable from an efficiency angle.

Rob P
Pete L liked this
By Colonel Panic
Rob P wrote:That's the chappie

Here's one of the alternatives (what were they thinking?)

Rob P

Wow - that's about as classy as it could be. I can just imagine one parked on Boycie's in & out drive :shock:
Flyin'Dutch', Rob P liked this
By eltonioni
Aww, come on, give the Chrysler designers a break. They also came up with this beaut'

and not forgetting this ear worm...

By Rob P
Good Lord! I'd completely forgotten that hotrod thing.

Bizarrely I find myself strangely attracted to it now

Meanwhile elsewhere Bond goes EV
Reportedly Daniel Craig’s Bond will drive an Aston Martin Rapide E, which retails at £250,000 in the next movie

Rob P
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Colonel Panic wrote:I recall from a few years ago that the size of the radiator grill was directly related to the perceived "quality" of the brand;

Who needs a Grill... 8)
By kanga
"If you've got to have a radiator, flaunt it"

Gloster TC33 (their only 4-engine design), vertical radiators on top of each tractor/pusher nacelle:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_TC.33

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27862259@N02/6417408889

[a model is, of course, available to view in one of the display cases at JAM :) ]
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Miscellaneous
I found him difficult to listen to, the launch is from approx 29.00mins.

During his presentation he made reference to working with other manufacturers and to open sourcing patents 3-4 yrs ago.

By OCB
Carp.... Tesla Model X it seems is an option from my accountant’s pov.

For me- far too expensive, and more importantly overpowered for my needs (yes,really). If I want something that powerful, I don’t want the sprogs with me.

For the majority of the “mission profile” i need a 7 seater that is all electric, but with some boot space.

Bliddy accounting nonsense