For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Rob P wrote:But on the subject of auto-oiks, what's this thing about corsa and the like having some sort of mod that makes a farting noise on the overrun?

No idea, but could the selfish tw @t who drives a Mercedes around here PLEASE stop using his supercharger over-run noise thing - it is beneath you. :roll: :twisted: :roll: :twisted:
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:But on the subject of auto-oiks, what's this thing about corsa and the like having some sort of mod that makes a farting noise on the overrun?

ECUs re-mapped especially for noise effects: https://www.fastcar.co.uk/tuning-tech-guides/pop-and-bang-maps/

More evidence, perhaps, of the B Ark …
Leodisflyer, Rob P liked this
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
Leodisflyer wrote:Vauxhall Coras with broken suspension and exhausts, driven by spotty oiks, who live in the tunnels round here and have car magnets under their bonnets.

In case I want to soup up our shopping trolley - what are the car magnets?

Invisible electronic magnets installed under the bonnet of many cars that give them an overwhelming attraction to the car in front.

Some cars also have them installed in their side doors. Park your car well away from any other vehicle, preferably at the far end of the car park to eliminate the lazy from your findings. Leave the car for a while and you can guarantee that, when you return, another car will be parked 2” from your door with a space the size of the Sahara on the other side of both cars.
nallen wrote:

ECUs re-mapped especially for noise effects: https://www.fastcar.co.uk/tuning-tech-guides/pop-and-bang-maps/

More evidence, perhaps, of the B Ark …

We have an ultrasonic animal deterrent in the garden. My teenagers hate it, but I can’t hear a thing. I wonder what the legalities would be of having a highly amplified version to use in tunnels when the oiks are out to play.
By PaulB
kanga wrote:.. did you want to turn over a new One ? :)

Won't it be quite difficult to turn over s new LEAF due to the weight of the batteries causing the c of g to be quite low? ;-)
I've just returned from Porto after a couple of day's break. One thing that struck me there was the high density of second generation Nissan Leaf.

It could just be that there's a very active Nissan dealership local, but I saw more in those four days than I have in the UK since they were launched.

Not all of them were liveried like this either.

ImageGen 2 Nissan Leaf by Rob, on Flickr

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch', PaulB liked this
By AndyR
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Colonel Panic wrote:I can well understand folk not wanting to dip their toes into EV ownership just yet, but I am surprised that anyone opts for a new diesel car any more. The writing is on the wall ...

Because trying to find a petrol car that drives in the same relaxed manner that a decent diesel does is nigh on impossible. Smaller and smaller engine capacities mean they need more and more revs and they are so lacking in torque.

Loving my new diesel.

But then I’ve owned diesels since 1988. I’d switch to an EV but not petrol :D
Colonel Panic liked this