Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By carlapilot
Hi guys! I've finally decided to start my ATPL training :)
Actually, it is the second time I've decided it but I couldn't find a reliable school before. At least not one that I could afford :lol:
I was thinking about taking a theory course first and acquire some ratings before the exams. It seems like a cheaper alternative than a fully integrated course. :roll:
Can anyone recommend me European ATPL schools that offer affordable ATPL theory training?
Thx
Carla
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I did Bristol Ground School and found them brilliant (mind you I did them over 10 years ago now). Others rate CATS highly I believe. Trouble is you normally only have experience of the ground school provider you used! ;)
carlapilot liked this
By Delta Echo
carlapilot wrote:Hi guys! I've finally decided to start my ATPL training :)
Actually, it is the second time I've decided it but I couldn't find a reliable school before. At least not one that I could afford :lol:
I was thinking about taking a theory course first and acquire some ratings before the exams. It seems like a cheaper alternative than a fully integrated course. :roll:
Can anyone recommend me European ATPL schools that offer affordable ATPL theory training?
Thx
Carla

I'm in front of the same decision now. I've used this site to check out some options for myself. Some of these schools are expensive but there are plenty of good offers and cheaper options listed here.