For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Chimps at Belfast Zoo used storm-blown branches to fashion an escape ladder. :lol:

Don't bother reading the text after the first bit of video.

MikeB liked this
By Flying_john
And did you hear the keeper report that "They knew they shouldnt have done it so they took themselves back to the enclosure after a runaround". No need to re-capture !
By Flintstone
Flying_john wrote:And did you hear the keeper report that "They knew they shouldnt have done it so they took themselves back to the enclosure after a runaround". No need to re-capture !

I missed that bit. Excellent!
By Dave W
Reminds me of a lovely story I was told about the early days of Longleat. (My own enclosure is just round the corner).

This told to me by the farmer involved, so assume a Wilts accent whilst reading:

So I went out into the yaard, see. And there boi the baarn was a dirty great hipper-ppotamus. I thart to moiself "Where did that come to?" and then Oi thart "That'll be one of Lord Bath's pets. Oi shall give 'im a ring and tell 'im".

So Oi rang up, and Oi said to the bloke that arnsered: "Oi've got one of your hipper-ppotamuses in moi yaard. You can come and get 'er* any toim you likes - I've closed the gate on 'er.

So a little bit later they all turns up in a bliddy great vaaan, and we went round the yard to fetch 'im.**

And my bliddy gate 'ad a bliddy great hipper-ppotamus-shaped 'ole in it.

*Because obviously it will have been a male one.
**Because... well, I dunno. It's just like that sometimes.