Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TractorBoy
Jim Jones wrote:Watched it today. Mediocre telling of an important story. Special effects from MS combat sim 2005.

Didn’t know “Roger that” was standard RAF phraseology in 1940, or any other time. That’s all you need to know about this film.

Mediocre was polite.
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Jim Jones wrote:Watched it today. Mediocre telling of an important story. Special effects from MS combat sim 2005.

Didn’t know “Roger that” was standard RAF phraseology in 1940, or any other time. That’s all you need to know about this film.

I went to see it at White Waltham movie night. Personally I thought that the story telling was adequate and acting reasonably good - but your description is perhaps over stating the quality of the special effects, which were truly dire.

G
By Maxthelion
I thought the first twn minutes were pretty good. It's just a shame that the rest of the film was so dire. The only fun part was when it dawned on me that one French airfield, one German airfield, and one English airfield were all represented by different corners of White Waltham. This led my wife to interject with 'Golly dear, the war really was fought over tiny bits of land wasn't it?'