For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PaulB wrote:I saw a joke on Facebook and remember it being mildly amusing. However I can't find it now. There was a story and a punch line. If I give you the punchline, could someone make up a story to go with it?

Here goes....

<Insert story here>

.... so I said, "Ta! Pauline"

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ptaaa/
By Rob P
PaulB wrote:I saw a joke on Facebook and remember it being mildly amusing. However I can't find it now. There was a story and a punch line. If I give you the punchline, could someone make up a story to go with it?

Here goes....

<When I got home last night, I noticed a neighbour had put a sheet over my car windscreen as it was going to be frosty... >

.... so I said, "Ta! Pauline"

Rob P
PaulB liked this
By PeteSpencer
One of my mates up 'Up', years ago had us in stitches with a joke the punchline of which was;

'anyone seen my horse and cart?'......

Peter
By Bill Haddow
PeteSpencer wrote:One of my mates up 'Up', years ago had us in stitches with a joke the punchline of which was;

Peter

From #509563
By PeteSpencer - Mon Oct 08, 2007 18:54

" Has anyone seen my horse and cart?"

Sadly I can't remember the meat of the joke, so if anyone recognises it please PM me.

Pete, if you haven't had a response in 11 plus years . . .

Bill H
By PeteSpencer
Bill Haddow wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:One of my mates up 'Up', years ago had us in stitches with a joke the punchline of which was;

Peter

From #509563
By PeteSpencer - Mon Oct 08, 2007 18:54

" Has anyone seen my horse and cart?"

Sadly I can't remember the meat of the joke, so if anyone recognises it please PM me.

Pete, if you haven't had a response in 11 plus years . . .

Bill H

Jeeze Bill what a saddo you are to remember a 12 year old post :and no I still can’t remember the joke.

While you’re into nostalgia another punchline was ‘ding f*cking dong’ Can’t remember that joke either :twisted:

Peter :wink:
By Flintstone
Ultimately, aren't they all? :D

I remember reading somewhere that there are only something like five or seven jokes. You can tweak the characters, scenarios or anything you like but they'll all fall into one of those categories.

Similarly, all jokes are at someone's expense so it's human nature to laugh at others. Substituting (say) animals or aliens for the actors doesn't escape the premise because for them to speak (in the joke) they have to be (big word coming up) anthropomorphised so you're still laughing at someone rather than something.

Deep man. 8)
By akg1486
The end, and only the end, of the same joke is featured in the movie "The Sting" and "Men in Black". From memory, it goes:

- So what? If you've seen one you've seen them all!
- Yes, but this one's eating my popcorn.
Paul_Sengupta liked this