To discuss anything which relates to the FLYER Airportal or the magazine
By carlmeek
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Are you talking about the flyer forum? If so, I believe you are mistaken; it’s not the site. It’s likely there’s something nasty on your own computer causing this.

Edited to say I just noticed the other thread talking about the same thing, so whilst I’m seeing no symptoms on mac or iPhone perhaps something fishy is/was afoot??
carlmeek wrote:Are you talking about the flyer forum? If so, I believe you are mistaken; it’s not the site. It’s likely there’s something nasty on your own computer causing this.

I am talking about the flyer forum. I believe it is the site - I get none of this garbage from any other site.

I expect it is the usual story, where one of the advertising services that the site uses is serving up the occasional malicious ad that contains malware. But I'd have hoped a week would have been long enough for either Flyer or the advertising service to find it and stop it.
And on my Android phone the page I was viewing suddenly popped up a new page which couldn't be closed normally (though I wrestled it away by being sneaky!).

Flyer is the only site I've experienced this with over the last few months. It looks like some of the adverts are sneaking malware in, or trying to do so.
I just had exactly the same on android phone. Had to restart the phone to even get to a point where I could kill the browser page in question.

All I did was accidentally click an advert! :shock: