What are you planning? Where shall we go?
This year the organisers availability and tides converge on the 27th and 28th July.

Absolutely fantastic turn out last year on the Saturday and the scenery, as those who have been will testify, is second to none. Ain't that right @ChrisRowland? :D

Given the date of this year's fly in is post 29th March the Sollas Fly-In may just offer an attractive alternative to those wishing to avoid the feared bureaucracy of flying south. Time for a staycation? :wink:

I regularly read on the forum of planned trips to Scotland, why not use Sollas as the catalyst to organise the trip that will live with you for eternity…one way or the other? :wink:
mick w, Iceman liked this
Absolutely, Already have this planned, We're talking about coming up team handed (three of us) and having a bit of a tour, hopefully to the Orkneys.

Our DR400 is second from right in the photo above.

Wish it were closer, achingly beautiful scenery.

Very weather dependent, this isn't the sort of place I'd go to in even slightly difficut weather. Even last year, the best for ages, we were stuck at Plockton, enjoying the scenery from ground level and watching the F1 GP for a day. It's tough touring in a little aircraft in the UK.

Returned via what I insisted on calling the Harry Potter viaduct at Glenfinnan. Got to the end of the glen to see the bottom half of Ben Nevis. Sharp right turn down Loch Linnie to Oban for fuel.
Iceman liked this
ChrisRowland wrote:Absolutely, Already have this planned, We're talking about coming up team handed (three of us) and having a bit of a tour, hopefully to the Orkneys.

This man knows of what he speaks. :wink:

Silly to come so far and miss out on so many other scenic flights.

ChrisRowland wrote:Our DR400 is second from right in the photo above.

I selected a pic with your Robin in it. :D I thought the one of you filling the frame on landing may have been too limiting. :wink:

Will you say hello this year? :D

ChrisRowland wrote:Wish it were closer, achingly beautiful scenery.

Not too soon though, I need an aeroplane. :( Incidentally, today would have been mind boggling.

ChrisRowland wrote:...we were stuck at Plockton, enjoying the scenery from ground level and watching the F1 GP for a day. It's tough touring in a little aircraft in the UK.

Stuck, I say stuck? :? Would you like to reconsider your assessment Chris? :wink: Truth is I have that tee shirt and the memories created from being 'stuck' only added to that particular trip. :D
Iceman liked this
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I can thoroughly recommend the experience, possibly combining your visit with a visit to Barra also. Why not spend the weekend at somewhere like Glenforsa and explore the Western Isles from there ?

Current plans have me somewhere much further west so I won't be able to make it (again).

Iceman 8)
Last edited by Iceman on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.