What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Javed Rahman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I am planning to fly-in this year. Planning to fly to Leutkirch on 10th clearing customs in France. Back on 13th. If there are enough people interested, it may be worth planning together and simplify logistics instead of planning individually. Will be fun to go as a group of aeroplanes.
By Iceman
Hi Javed. A number of different types of aircraft usually end up going, some IFR, some VFR, some direct into Friedrichshafen, some to the nearby airfields via customs stops en route. Which type of aircraft would you be flying ?

Iceman 8)
By Javed Rahman
Hi Iceman,
I will be flying VFR in a TB9 from Thruxton. My plan at the moment is to fly Thruxton to Albert Bray to Metz Nancy to Leutkirch on 10th. On the way back I was planning Lertkirch to Chambley to Calais to Thruxton on 13th.

Hi letpmar,
Happy to fly to Tannhiem instead of Leutkirch and yes please on the car share. Could you recommend some hotels? Places are getting booked quick near Friedrichshafen.
By letpmar
Hi Javed
I stay at the Drexel Park in Memmingham on the first and last day. If you drive away from Friedrichshafen hotels are fairly easy to find for the middle bit.
Give me a call, I am based not far from Thruxton and happy to chat about a route

Pete
07976 262833
By Flyin'Dutch'
Javed Rahman wrote:Hi Iceman,
I will be flying VFR in a TB9 from Thruxton. My plan at the moment is to fly Thruxton to Albert Bray to Metz Nancy to Leutkirch on 10th. On the way back I was planning Lertkirch to Chambley to Calais to Thruxton on 13th.

Hi letpmar,
Happy to fly to Tannhiem instead of Leutkirch and yes please on the car share. Could you recommend some hotels? Places are getting booked quick near Friedrichshafen.

Tannheim is great but grass. Not sure how dry it will be in April, not all small airfields are open every day during the week.

You could enquire at Memmingen, small regional airports in Germany are very accommodating both in amenities, price and service most of the time.
By letpmar
I have flown into it for the last three years for the expo It’s open and works very well for the show. It’s a bit quiet as most of the ground staff are at the show but the restaurant is open and you can often use the accommodation on the airfield. If you stay in town (Memmingham) the hotels are a lot cheaper than close to Friedrickshaven. It’s under an hour to drive to the show, happy to share car hire with anyone who wants to call in.

Pete
Is anyone flying back from AERO Friedrichshafen to NW England (preferably Barton) on either 12th or 13th April?

Can consider other U.K. airfields also if I can rent a car easy enough to complete my journey.

Share of costs of course! Thanks. PM me if needed. (Current A320 Captain but looking at getting back into GA) :)