Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Leodisflyer
That GR3 is truly beautiful - a proper Harrier and not one of the bulky newer ones. Hope it goes to an over who can store in in conditions as good as she's been in since retirement.
By PaulSS
That GR3 is truly beautiful - a proper Harrier and not one of the bulky newer ones

Give me a II+ over a GR3 any day of the week. Lots more gizmos, loads more performance and big enough for even the hugest USMC pilots :D
By Leodisflyer
Its probably an age thing. I like the simple elegance of the Harriers from my childhood - although the laser on the GR3 does also jar a bit. Took some getting used to when it first appeared. It has a bit more of a British feel too. The cockpit is tiny though.

The later ones do look chunky and powerful and show have far the basic concept could be developed. To me the also look very different aircraft. Its nice to see the one on the A1 at Wittering.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Leodisflyer wrote:Has anybody clicked further than that picture? That place looks like paradise.

They also do tours of the Boneyard at Davis Monthan; you get on the bus at the museum.