For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By BrianTrowbridge
Many years ago my wife and our toddler (now in his 40s) set the alarm off when leaving C & A. Her bag was searched and they went through again. Again it was searched before being sent on her way. When they got home my son pulled a security tag out of his pocket and said "Mum, look what I've got". We didn't return it to the shop.
Flyin'Dutch', Lockhaven liked this
By Korenwolf
Had it happen to us once on holiday (in UK); it was the library ID label inside a book that my daughter had in her rucksack.

Once it had been identified the helpful shop assistant offered to tear the page out of the book to prevent it from happening again..... :roll:
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just coming back to this thread as I keep setting the alarm off at Sainsbury's and Lidl. It's something to do with my credit/debit cards in my wallet as when I take a couple out it stops happening... Weird! I'm guessing the number and arrangement mean the spirals of metal for contactless react the same as a security tag.
By Bill Haddow
JonathanB wrote:Just coming back to this thread as I keep setting the alarm off at Sainsbury's and Lidl.

You're sort of looking at this Åŗŝě about ţĭţ. It's the shops' problem, not your fault.

Bill H
By eltonioni
JonathanB wrote:I think my Apple Watch keeps setting alarms off - can't think what else it would be!

The rump steak shoved up your jumper? It usually sets the alarm off in my experience.
Flyin'Dutch', mick w liked this
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
eltonioni wrote:
JonathanB wrote:I think my Apple Watch keeps setting alarms off - can't think what else it would be!

The rump steak shoved up your jumper? It usually sets the alarm off in my experience.

I actually saw someone do just that , in ASDA Scunthorpe , I pointed it out to a member of staff , who just carried on with his task , as if it is a normal occurrence ??. :?
By Lockhaven
JonathanB wrote:Just coming back to this thread as I keep setting the alarm off at Sainsbury's and Lidl. It's something to do with my credit/debit cards in my wallet as when I take a couple out it stops happening... Weird! I'm guessing the number and arrangement mean the spirals of metal for contactless react the same as a security tag.

No thats the scrote around the corner skimming your details from your contactless credit card :lol:
By morticiaskeeper
I have a problem sometimes paying contactless, but only with my left hand.

My ring has an NFC chip with emergency details, the card machine sees two cards.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk
By eltonioni
haggis wrote:What class of peasant steals “rumpsteak”? How standards have slipped

We used to dreeeam o' pinchint'rump steak... Image
By Flyingfemme
mick w wrote:I actually saw someone do just that , in ASDA Scunthorpe , I pointed it out to a member of staff , who just carried on with his task , as if it is a normal occurrence ??. :?

Our local ASDA puts security tags on their steaks. Bags are searched on the way out...........even if you have a receipt. These days I stick to Waitrose :roll:
By kanga
mick w wrote:
eltonioni wrote:..It usually sets the alarm off in my experience.

I actually saw someone do just that , in ASDA Scunthorpe , I pointed it out to a member of staff , who just carried on with his task , as if it is a normal occurrence ??. :?

they do things differently in Arizona :roll:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48660143
By haggis
M&S yesterday Coatbridge. Alarm goes off as SWMBO exits store. Lady at counter comes over and wife explains that it’s probably the security tag on the ribeye ( note no rumpsteak) . “ are you going straight back to your car now” asked the lady. When said we were she said that that was fine. Just making sure as the security tag would probably go off if we went into other stores in the retail park. So rumpsteak stealers beware. After filching it straight home and into the frying pan or you could get nicked in some other place!