Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By chevvron
profchrisreed wrote:Image

That'd be no good; the procedure with a punt gun was to fire it over the ducks or whatever and they would be startled by the noise and take off, flying into the shotgun pellets.
I hardly think you would startle a drone with one. :twisted:
By SteveN
BBC wrote:BBC cameraman Martin Roberts said he was driving on the M25 past Heathrow airport at about 17:45 GMT when he saw what he believes was a drone.

"I could see, I'd say around 300 feet up, very bright, stationary flashing red and green lights, over the Harmondsworth area," he said.

"I could tell it was a drone - these things have got quite distinctive lights - not a helicopter.

"The lights were very close together. It was a very clear night and the object was stationary, it was turning very, very slightly. I could see it very clearly, I'd say for about four to five minutes."

Visible for 5 minutes!! while driving on M25??

He either stopped or the drone was doing 70mph.

So he must have stopped in which case where is his video?

Er.. he is a cameraman.
Last edited by SteveN on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By proteus
chevvron wrote:
profchrisreed wrote:Image

That'd be no good; the procedure with a punt gun was to fire it over the ducks or whatever and they would be startled by the noise and take off, flying into the shotgun pellets.
I hardly think you would startle a drone with one. :twisted:

I've never heard of anyone using a subsonic load in a punt gun.
Mike Tango wrote:7. Follow ATC’s lead... keep calm and drink tea.

Have a week off the forum and this is the first thread I read. :shock:

Mike’s here is about the most sensible post on the whole thread regarding the actual incident.

Do you really think we’d stop departures for a random drone report? Of which we get at least a handful a week?

You never know, the media might not have the all the relevant information. Funny that! :thumright:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Barcli wrote:I startled a goose once.......

There is hilarious monologue on Youtube about the Spanish testing the windscreen on their new high speed locomotive by imitating the American practice of shooting dead chickens at the windscreens of aircraft. The result is unstatisfactory, as not only is the windscreen destroyed, but so is much of the driver's cabin. Details and photos of the test are sent to America, with a request for advice on corrective action. The advice is simply "Defrost the chicken."
Flyin'Dutch' liked this