Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
SimonM wrote:
For 2019 I'd love an invite to ride in a few different types .... E.G..... R.V., Sportcruiser, Cub, C182,.

Simon, I let you sit in our gentleman’s carriage (C182) at Saucats - but I still haven’t forgiven you for not giving way to us on final approach at Saucats .... :lol:
gasman wrote:
SimonM wrote:
For 2019 I'd love an invite to ride in a few different types .... E.G..... R.V., Sportcruiser, Cub, C182,.

Simon, I let you sit in our gentleman’s carriage (C182) at Saucats - but I still haven’t forgiven you for not giving way to us on final approach at Saucats .... :lol:

Sitting in your C182 has just whetted my appetite for a flight in one.. Maybe if I pop up to Sherburn I can buy you a bacon roll as a bribe :whistle: .

As for not giving way... You showed that you are a true gentleman by hanging back and letting us C172 Serfs touch down first. For that I thank you M'Lud :D :thumleft:
gasman liked this
Just 46 hours exactly this year, a smidge over half what I managed in 2017. Ten of this years hours were a meandering trip from Norfolk to Strasbourg and back which was a massive personal achievement, and I also managed some Alaskan bush flying, but the last 3 months have been a bit sparse.

Plans for next year? Fly more! In particular, I REALLY want to get that float plane rating :D
Last edited by flyingyod on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katamarino liked this
180 hours in my Quantum 912, G-BZIM.

Over 100 hours flying it in the USA, (shipping it across in a container), flying from Homestead in Florida to California to New York during April /May.
Many highlights;
Florida Keys, South Beach Miami, Sun N Fun, Monument Valley, Death Valley, Golden gate, Yellowstone but final flight New York Hudson, ended a fantastic trip.
mick w, andytk58, Charliesixtysix and 11 others liked this
Quite some trip that, flyingboy !

66 hours for me in the mighty Luscombe.....( about average for the last 10 years )
6 new airfields / Strips
2018 highlight being a 2nd ever flying visit to the Scillies in the glorious May weather and completely missing the so called "Royal " wedding... :thumleft: :thumleft:
Last edited by cirrostratus on Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
flyingboy liked this
flyingboy wrote:180 hours in my Quantum 912, G-BZIM.

Over 100 hours flying it in the USA, (shipping it across in a container), flying from Homestead in Florida to California to New York during April /May.
Many highlights;
Florida Keys, South Beach Miami, Sun N Fun, Monument Valley, Death Valley, Golden gate, Yellowstone but final flight New York Hudson, ended a fantastic trip.

Amazing!!
flyingboy liked this
A good flying year for me, 53 hours. Particularly memorable: two multi-day trips to The Netherlands (one work, one holiday); an overnight to Perranporth; a flight around the M25 in the dark; and a short dual flight in a Magister.

Desires for 2019: that no-one breaks the shareoplane this year and that Henlow is somehow reprieved from closure.
Total last year was as per previous years a smidge over 80 hours, mainly in the Cirrus although a couple were flown in an Archer III. Finally reached Scotland with the Cirrus, wonderful flight up the Irish sea, then back down to Cornwall and across to Jersey.
Just shy of 58 hours stick time with a further 22 hours of airtime as passenger.
Barring the last month of 2017, that is all of my ppl training and then a steady start to post skills test.

Have just started IRR training which will hopefully give me a little more opportunity to plan longer trips with less Met anxiety.