Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thanks, I'll step back to that after my primary plan to go straight to the absolute epitome of microlight aviation.

Yes, I have a friend who may let me fly his Thruster T300. 8)
By FlightDek
Morten wrote:Congratulations Dek. Just in time for the clouds to hopefully clear off for this season :)

The oldtimers are outperforming the new students so far... come on guys, don't be shy!

Hi Morten

Hope you've recovered from the New Year

Just noticed you never added my IR(R) to the front page
https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1609774#p1609774

Cheers
Dek
By Genghis the Engineer
Dave W wrote:Thanks, I'll step back to that after my primary plan to go straight to the absolute epitome of microlight aviation.

Yes, I have a friend who may let me fly his Thruster T300. 8)

I used to have a TST, tremendous fun flying machine - you'll enjoy that but, seriously, it *does not* fly like a C42. At the very least get somebody to talk you through the approach and landing of something with that sort of intertia/drag ratio.

G
By Genghis the Engineer
I hoped you were, but as they used to say to us at a certain training establishment in Wiltshire "never check, assume".

You'll thoroughly enjoy the T300, slow, noisy, drafty, uncomfortable, dirt cheap to run, great view out, and requires you to fly it constantly. Also opposite pitch change with power probably to everything else you've ever flown. Pure piloting heaven :D

G
Dave W liked this
By Kav
Dave W wrote:Wot, no "Class of 2019" thread yet? ;)

Microlight Differences Training complete. Clench Common, 2 Jan 2019.

Great fun, and GS Aviation thoroughly recommended. :thumleft:

I’ll second that! Went solo in a C42 0/8/18, did both QXCs back to back 24/10/18 and 25/10/18. Been doing sporadic consolidation since then (flipping weather) and aiming to do my GST very soon.

Cheers
Kav
By Morten
FlightDek wrote:
Morten wrote:Congratulations Dek. Just in time for the clouds to hopefully clear off for this season :)

The oldtimers are outperforming the new students so far... come on guys, don't be shy!

Hi Morten

Hope you've recovered from the New Year

Just noticed you never added my IR(R) to the front page
https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1609774#p1609774

Cheers
Dek

That should now have been fixed, which concludes the 2018 thread, I believe.

Well done all! :-)
By Morten
AndyR wrote:
Dave W wrote:Wot, no "Class of 2019" thread yet? ;)

Are you volunteering? :wink:

I've kept half an eye on the student forum but not seen any new reports, and I must admit that I have not followed this thread - or at least I didn't around Jan 2nd. But I'll start a new one, no worries.

@AndyR - can you please unpin/pin etc.?

@Dave W You will have your 15 seconds of fame as the only one in 2019 so far, fear not!
AndyR, Dave W liked this
By AndyR
Dave W wrote:15 seconds? Far more than I deserve. :D

Thanks. And I do appreciate the effort that goes into keeping this thread & forum up to date. :thumleft:

Hopefully I may be able to assist Morten again next year. Trying to get my life back....
Dave W liked this