Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By rikur_
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Am I just disliking change, or is the new design a giant leap backwards?

Old GoBoKo I would login and immediately see aircraft availability (the main reason I log in) .... new GoBoKo I think takes 6 clicks to get to aircraft availability.

Seems like it is trying to be Facebook.
By flybymike
I agree. I don’t like it.
Multi clicks to figure out how to make a booking.
Very Facebook like presentation and now apparently attempting to be more than just a bookings site.
I was baffled by the new way of showing booking dates until I realised that for some strange reason the date/month format has been reversed to month/date. (Americanisation?)

I suppose much of the my apprehension is due to unfamiliarity though.
By Cowshed
Didn't like it at first, but now I've fiddled around with it a bit I think it's okay (but they need to change the date format).

After you have logged in you just need to select "Booking" from the options just below the slightly annoying animation.

Then you can just click on year, month, week or day to get the appropriate view. The cursor appears as a "+" when moving it over the diary display - clicking on the diary display then allows you to add a booking. I think it is a tad easier than making a booking in the old version.
By Kittyhawk
Really dislike it so far. Very messy interface, whereas the old one was clear and simple to use. I have made a booking for next week, which it lists in ‘ My Bookings’ but it doesn’t show up in the calendar. It does however show me my last three bookings, which is of no use to me
flybymike liked this
By johnm
We'll be looking for an alternative I think. I don't know who designed it but if he worked for me he'd :twisted: be looking for another job......
By dangerous pete
FABS, Free Aircraft Booking Sysyem, for us. Simple, works every time, sends emails to everyone when a slot is booked, and money back if you don't like it.
By flybymike
dangerous pete wrote:FABS, Free Aircraft Booking Sysyem, for us. Simple, works every time, sends emails to everyone when a slot is booked, and money back if you don't like it.

If it’s free how do they refund your money?
By rogerb
Oh dear me how very challenging. Still not managed to see who in the group has booked the aircraft etc.
Not at all intuitive.
By Dodo
I hadn't realised GoBoKo had changed but I've had a look and think I have managed to use it.
I agree, not very intuitive, but it is free.