Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
The chief constable was on R4 this morning. The ineptitude displayed throughout his interview was painful listening. That the innocent couple who were arrested had an alibi that could have been checked and verified before they were arrested makes them political pawns: " Look, we're doing something."
Disgraceful.
flyingeeza, Danny liked this
Just more poor comms from the police. Nobody is suggesting there hasn't been drone incursions, they're just admitting what was obvious, namely that some people may have reported drones that were deployed by the police after the initial occurrence.
Reading between the lines of the latest reports it's beginning to sound like the original drone was a plane spotter who quickly grounded after realising his clanger, and all the other actual sightings were the Keystone Cops drone search drone. It takes a special kind of organisational incompetence to launch a drone to look for a drone which closed down the airport due to ongoing sightings of a drone.

Or aliens.
JAFO, scottish_ppl liked this
I bought an airgun (+licence) to sort out the rats, I don’t have any neighbours for half a mile, I suppose I should expect a feet first through the window visit if someone’s cat goes missing!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/gatwick-drone-sightings-may-have-been-of-police-equipment-chief-constable-admits/ar-BBRyLdO?ocid=spartanntp

So.... Two drones recovered from the perimeter at Gatwick, the police rule them out of their enquiries as being the drones responsible for the disruption?! How can they know this if they have no detail at all as to who was operating the drones

The police then say they they were operating drones around Gatwick as part of their surveillance of the area following initial drone sightings...

Reading between the lines - Could it be that the recovered crashed drones are police ones that they have lost during the operation and this is how they can do confidently say they were not the ones responsible?? :?:
Danny liked this