For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
stevelup wrote:Is anyone in the UK doing this kind of journalism? Pointers gratefully received!

I often ask myself the same when I have enjoyed some good reporting from the US on TV or one of the many comedies such as SNL, Seth Meyer, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert etc.

It is not that the UK political scene is lacking the necessary ingredients!
By Jim Jones
Maybe it’s me, maybe it’s my iPad, but I found this almost impossible to read in the format presented. Hyperlinks, moving images scattered about, plus an overly stylish manner.

I got to the end anyway, and thought ‘meh’.
flybymike liked this
By Colonel Panic
I am afraid the layout got the better of me and I gave up half way through.

@Jim Jones - are you aware that you can often improve the layout / presentation by clicking on the icon in the left hand end of the addressbar (in Safari)?
By skydriller
Jim Jones wrote:Maybe it’s me, maybe it’s my iPad, but I found this almost impossible to read in the format presented. Hyperlinks, moving images scattered about, plus an overly stylish manner.

I got to the end anyway, and thought ‘meh’.

Not just you. Struggled. Got to about "5"...
flybymike liked this
By stevelup
Ah. I read it in 'reader' mode which I -always- do as a matter of course these days when I just want to read something.

I didn't realise I was inflicting horror on everyone. Yes, it's utterly awful isn't it...

:(
By Jim Jones
Colonel Panic wrote:I am afraid the layout got the better of me and I gave up half way through.

@Jim Jones - are you aware that you can often improve the layout / presentation by clicking on the icon in the left hand end of the addressbar (in Safari)?

Every day’s a school day here. Thanks, looks better now.

But still ‘meh’. I knew the internet is a jungle, this is about just another creature out get me.
Colonel Panic liked this
By JAFO
Jim Jones wrote:I got to the end anyway, and thought ‘meh’.

Well done Jim, I only made it half way through point 2 before I realised I really didn't care.
By johnm
It's quite interesting and reminds me of two pieces of wisdom I was given by "old sweats" as I learned about systems analysis and design 50 years ago.

"The system that can't be screwed up by a determined idiot has yet to be designed"

"The technology that can't be abused has never been invented"

and also my wise old granny:

"A fool and his money are easily parted"
Flyingfemme liked this
By GolfHotel
JAFO wrote:
Jim Jones wrote:I got to the end anyway, and thought ‘meh’.

Well done Jim, I only made it half way through point 2 before I realised I really didn't care.

I got to the end and thought what was the point of that? And what’s the point of the organisation being investigated?

Is it all just click bait? Can that pay for the rent on stores?
Is it all about money laundering?

What’s the point?