Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
kanga wrote:I have only once met a group of avowedly religious people, Christian or not, who opposed the celebration of Christmas. They were a community of Christian Pentecostalists in Canada, in a self-isolated settlement by choice. They believed that celebrating anything in the religious calendar other than Pentecost was 'heathen'. I have no idea whether this attitude is typical even of 'mainstream' Pentecostalists. I have never met any equivalent objection to Christmas celebration among any variety of observant Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist,Hindu, .. and I've known well all such.

I went to school (admittedly many years ago) with a Jehovahs Witness and their beliefs include not celebrating Christmas on the grounds that the bible does not say you should.
Funny he never seemed to object to school holidays at Christmas.
Ben K wrote:
Crash one wrote:My apologies for having an opinion.

Apologies for your opinion accepted.

I apologised for having the audacity to actually have an opinion.
I do not apologise for the content of my opinion, there is a difference.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
You had an opinion based on incorrect and out of date second-hand information. You exaggerated it, and then stated it as fact. I'm sure you're relieved to find out that it's not true, and keen to correct any misunderstanding that you may have inadvertently spread.

Ian
kanga, Tim Dawson, GonzoEGLL and 5 others liked this
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Crash was making generalisations based on his perception (and particularly that of his generation) of the way in which society is moving, or indeed has already moved.
Exaggeration is an age old, common and legitimate means of expressing these concerns, and nobody with any sense would take them as the literal truth.
It is important that those amongst us, particularly those with greater life experience, are allowed to express their concerns, so that others who might have similar worries can voice their agreement in the hope that those concerns do not indeed eventually end up becoming literal truths.
kanga, Crash one, terryws and 1 others liked this
G-BLEW wrote:You had an opinion based on incorrect and out of date second-hand information. You exaggerated it, and then stated it as fact. I'm sure you're relieved to find out that it's not true, and keen to correct any misunderstanding that you may have inadvertently spread.

Ian

No I’m not. If people can’t make up their own mind and form their own opinion, that’s their problem.
SteveN liked this
Dave Phillips wrote:Anyway, what about stealth drones?

Is there such a thing? How do you know? If you’ve seen one, it can’t be one.
Or is that too deep and convoluted thinking to be understood by some people on here! :D