Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
tomshep wrote:Mice don't fly drones.

... yet :)

(New US SecDef is Boeing Senior Executive, taking over at beginning of January with no handover from his career military predecessor. If anyone in Boeing Marketing reads this, perhaps there will be a $multimillion project pitched to the President to research whether mice can be trained to .. :wink: )
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Crash one wrote:Christmas is frowned on by the majority of our population because it doesn’t fit their religion, and we let them get away with it!

I'd like to call you out on this piece of Daily Wail prize nonsense. What utter rubbish. :roll:
tomshep, Ben K, PaulB and 14 others liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
JonathanB wrote:
Crash one wrote:Christmas is frowned on by the majority of our population because it doesn’t fit their religion, and we let them get away with it!

I'd like to call you out on this piece of Daily Wail prize nonsense. What utter rubbish. :roll:

I planed to come back and do the same, but you got there first.

Thanks

Iam
Flyin'Dutch', kanga, Ben K and 2 others liked this
There was something in the news a couple of years back where a nativity play somewhere was cancelled to appease the “locals”
Who cares!

Merry Xmas everyone. My apologies for having an opinion.
Crash one wrote:There was something in the news a couple of years back where a nativity play somewhere was cancelled to appease the “locals”

We get these rumours every year. As far as I recall they've all amounted to

(1) there was in fact no such incident reported in the news
(2) there was such a report in the news but it was a lie.
Ben K, kanga, Flyin'Dutch' and 3 others liked this
Crash one wrote:There was something in the news a couple of years back where a nativity play somewhere was cancelled to appease the “locals”

As ever, I'd be inclined to wonder whose "news" , and how accurately reported ..

I have only once met a group of avowedly religious people, Christian or not, who opposed the celebration of Christmas. They were a community of Christian Pentecostalists in Canada, in a self-isolated settlement by choice. They believed that celebrating anything in the religious calendar other than Pentecost was 'heathen'. I have no idea whether this attitude is typical even of 'mainstream' Pentecostalists. I have never met any equivalent objection to Christmas celebration among any variety of observant Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist,Hindu, .. and I've known well all such.

There is a specific Arabic language greeting by which Arabs (Muslim and Christian) and other Muslims wish Christians a Merry Christmas. I always use it this time of year to visitors to JAM in apparently Muslim dress. They nearly always recognise it and reciprocate. :thumright:

Id ul-Milad Mubarak to all Forumites of any faith or none :)
Flyin'Dutch', Ben K, G-BLEW and 1 others liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It's really bad in the US. There, it's not the done thing to even wish someone a Merry Christmas, they say "happy holidays"....it's always a bit confusing when they talk about the holiday season as for us that's June, July, August...