Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By pullup
AshleyFlynn23 wrote:I hope they get some jail time. Kind of ironic that they behave that stupidly and then one of them is now worried about the prospect of giving birth in jail. Perhaps don't go breaking the law then.

This happened in March 2017. Am I to believe they haven’t been dealt with yet??
By Gentoo
Not sure.

If they feel the state is treating them unfairly that will only strengthen their will and anger towards the state.

Could even result in them doing something worse.

People who are by nature 'rebels' tend to be encouraged by harsh punishment rather than be put off by it as it validates their beliefs.

Edit - not that it actually justifies any behaviour in my opinion, just explains it. The correct way to argue against the state is in the courts.
By romille
Gentoo wrote:Not sure.

If they feel the state is treating them unfairly that will only strengthen their will and anger towards the state.

The actions of these protesters treated airline passengers unfairly by delaying them, the airlines by increasing their costs, they also potentially endangered passengers and flight crew. My view is they need a strong message sending that makes them think twice before doing anything similar.
Lockhaven, Nick liked this
romille wrote:
G-JWTP wrote:Yep!

Take away their smartphones.

It'll cause them to have a complete breakdown if they can't post something on social media or order an Uber to get home!

G-JWTP.

The airlines should sue them jointly & severally for their costs, that would make their eyes water!

Perhaps Stansted should charge them for overnight parking and mandatory handling.

That really would make their eyes water!
By Lockhaven
Without any doubt the authorities need to throw the full weight of the law and make an example of these idiots, a lengthy custodial sentence would be a good starting point followed by a very large fine incorporating the costs incurred by the airlines, pregnant or not.
By Lockhaven
@kanga

My comment regarding 'pregnant' was based on the tree hugging idiot in this interview, she is now scared of going to jail because she is pregnant and they all believe they did nothing wrong or harmed anyone. :roll:

The sooner idiots like these are in jail the better, while they are all in jail their assets should be sold to refund the airlines, same principle they use with drug dealers assets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-465965 ... ry-thought
kanga, romille liked this
By GonzoEGLL
romille wrote:
G-JWTP wrote:Yep!

Take away their smartphones.

It'll cause them to have a complete breakdown if they can't post something on social media or order an Uber to get home!

G-JWTP.

The airlines should sue them jointly & severally for their costs, that would make their eyes water!

That would open an interesting Pandora's Box for infringements!