Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Does anybody have current contact details for this aeroclub at Funchal please?

The details I held (and indeed passed on to a Forumite a few years ago)- phone, email, Messenger, no longer respond and the website hasn't been touched since 2014
Any help gratefully received.

TIA Peter
By Dodo
Pete,

I'm going there on holiday in a couple of weeks and would like to do an hour dual sightseeing flight and presume it will do for my hour with an instructor if I need one.

Please can you pass on the contact details (and costs),

(either on this thread, or PM, or andytobias(at)doctors.org.uk )

Thanks v much

Andy
By PeteSpencer
Dodo wrote:Pete,

I'm going there on holiday in a couple of weeks and would like to do an hour dual sightseeing flight and presume it will do for my hour with an instructor if I need one.

Thanks v much

Andy

Sure: PM sent:
When are you there?

Peter
By PeteSpencer
Thanks Flinty:

Have been in and out CAT many times in last 15 years at all times of the year and have only had my fillings loosened once.

And never been diverted to Porto Santo.

I love the moment when on downwind for 05 the captain stands a/c on its R wingtip and does a Que Sanh approach to miss terrain: The cabin goes deathly quiet.... :lol:

Peter
By Flintstone
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:@Flintstone

Take it Funchal is Captains only for CAT landings?

Errrr, can't remember. Been about fifteen years since I was last there. I think you're right though.

Josh? Anyone?
By PeteSpencer
Dodo wrote:Pete,

Thanks v much

Andy

Andy:

Did you get a flight?

The b8gger in Madeira is ignoring my emails and I'm going in a week's time....

Peter
By Dodo
Hello Peter.

Sorry. In the end I didn't get a chance to try to contact them as every day was filled.

For what it's worth. I didn't notice any light planes flying around the Funchal area nor on the island bus tour we did, and I am usually quite attuned to the migration call of the passing Lycosaurus continentalis.

We might go back in the summer and if so I may try again.

Best wishes

Andy
By XX
Message below from a mainland Portuguese member of the Socata Forum, written Feb 19:

"I believe they do. I was recently (2 weeks ago) in Madeira and saw one the their aircraft in the ramp at LPMA.

The site is active and announces scenery flighst and courses: www.aeroclubedamadeira.com. I hope this helps."

Can't believe it's 12 years since we flew our TB20 there!